COVID – 19 Update: 03/18/2020
COVID – 19 Update: 03/18/2020
The health and safety of our customers is our top priority. After closely monitoring updates from the CDC, as well as federal, state and local government, we have made the decision to temporarily operate as drive-thru only at all FNB Bank offices until further notice. Effective Thursday, March 19th, all lobbies will be temporarily closed.
Here is how we will continue to serve you during this time:
- All drive thru windows will remain open during normal business hours
- 24-hour ATM service at all locations except the Five Points office
- Visit us online at accessfnb.com
- Like our Facebook page for updated information
- Call your local office for deposit and lending needs
- If you need access to your safe deposit box, call to schedule an appointment
- Visit https://accessfnb.com/locations-hours/ to find your local office number
- Our online and mobile banking is available 24/7
- To enroll in online access or set up another automated banking service such as direct deposit or bill pay, visit https://accessfnb.com/enroll/
- For additional assistance, call our support staff at 866-256-3256 during normal business hours.
We also understand there may be instances where customers find themselves facing financial difficulties. FNB is always here to help and we encourage customers who may be impacted to reach out to discuss how we might be of assistance. Should you find yourself in need of assistance, please contact us at (866)-256-3256.
Here are a few other ways we’re protecting you:
- Our offices are prepared with appropriate supplies, including hand sanitizer, disinfectant and gloves.
- Our janitorial partners will continue daily cleaning services and have augmented them with additional disinfectant for high-touch surfaces.
- Our generous paid-time off policies and guidance for associates ensure that they stay home if they are sick, at risk due to travel, or have been exposed to illness.
- We are limiting business-related employee travel until further notice and using teleconference capabilities instead
- We are modifying, postponing or canceling large meetings
- We are prepared for our associates to work from home as needed so we can continue supporting critical services like wire and ACH transfers and other services, even if they can’t come to their work location.
- In light of this virus that is affecting the nation and world, please be aware that scammers will be sending out fraud emails to get you to click on the link, reply to an email or direct you to a fake website. The intent is to get you to share sensitive information such as usernames and passwords, make purchases to spoof websites or download malware to your device. Please remember that we will never contact you to ask for user ID or password.
During this time, we will do everything we can to offer you the service you expect from FNB while protecting you and our associates.